Supply Chain Manager Nailsea, near Bristol £28k to £30k p.a. + benefits d.o.e.
Supply Chain Manager for North Somerset based design & manufacturing / engineering business
As Supply Chain Manager / Procurement & Stores Manager, you will manage stores and ensure materials are ordered and available for production in accordance with the production schedule and that all supplies and raw materials are purchased as cost-effectively as possible, on time and to the specified quality. Responsibilities include:
- conducting supplier reviews / maintaining supplier records
- managing the goods / materials / stores function
- managing Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) schedule
- managing the monthly / annual stock usage, turns and levels
- research and identification of suppliers and costs liaising with sales & design teams
- validating / maximising cost-effectiveness of material content in manufactured products
Our client is a South West based manufacturing company supplying a blue chip customer base with bespoke engineered products. They have a large manufacturing and warehousing facility, a team of first class multi-project engineers and are led by a hands on business entrepreneur and owner.
As Supply Chain Manager you will either have previous experience in a similar buying / purchasing / procurement role within a manufacturing / engineering / production environment and/or have previous experience managing stores, with the ability and desire to move into a procurement position. You will need:
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- excellent commercial / financial business acumen
- ability to build long term supplier relationships
- knowledge of MRP / ERP resource planning software
- ability to work to deadlines / timetables
The successful candidate would be required to spend an initial period in stores learning about the products and MRP system.
If you wish to be considered for the role of Supply Chain Manager, please forward your CV quoting reference 220255.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: supply chain technical buyer purchasing manager stores manager jobs Bristol procurement manager buyer lean CI manufacturing engineering Nailsea Bristol jobs